In this comprehensive white paper, you’ll learn the following
- Background basics on lenses and what they really do!
- The science in some basic formulas to calculate MAG, focal length and angular FOV
- What are extension rings used for?
- How are lenses rated? MTF explained
- The myth behind “Megapixel” lens ratings
- How many pixels do I really need?
- What is the ” f# ” of a lens
- What does the “lens format” mean?
- Comparison of lens types from security to Factory Automation (FA)
- How to get some practical advice!
1st Vision has many other resources in our educational blogs. Please find related links to lenses below.
We are happy to discuss your imaging application in details – Just contact us!
Macro lenses vs Extension tubes – What provides the best results?
Image Basics – Calculating lens focal length
Demystifying lens performance specifications