Industrial imaging applications ranging from medical and process monitoring to security and kiosks need cameras with highly functional lens control. Solutions need to be easily integrated and have the ability to remotely control the camera focus, zoom and light exposure. Depending upon the application, there are several solutions which are highlighted in this blog to satisfy a large range of applications.
Economical Solution – Feature rich
IDS’s Tiny XS
IDS’s XS camera is perfect for applications requiring economical solutions which are small in size, lightweight requiring auto focus, automatic gain and remote digital zoom capabilities. Equipped with Aptina’s 5 Megapixel CMOS Sensor, the camera delivers excellent image quality and color reproduction. Using the IDS Cockpit software, this camera sets up in minutes via a USB2.0 interface.
- Auto focus using a high resolution sensor (2592 x 1944 pixels)
- Automatic Gain for varying lighting conditions
- Remote Digital Zoom capabilities
- Impressive video capture (5MP @ 15 fps) or higher frame rates with reduced resolution
- Small, Light Weight – only 12 g and measuring 23×26.5×21.5 mm the XS is perfect for even the tiniest spaces.
- Full manual control for all features available through the IDS free SDK which includes programming examples
Low cost starting @ $120
The IDS UV-1552LE-C USB Video Class camera uses a standard UVC driver with easy plug and play installation. Starting at $120 in volume, this camera is well suited where cost is most important. No special drivers are needed. Just connect the camera to your computer and start receiving images just like a web camera!
The USB Video Class (UVC) standard 1.1 supported by the camera guarantees the use of the camera on all operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac etc.) The UV-1551LE-C camera is ideally suited for use as an industrial web camera in kiosks to video conference systems.
Configurations are available as a board level version with no lens mount (Model UI-1552LE) or with a S-mount lens adapter included (Model UI-1551LE).